What is Moral
* Morals in America stem from our
Rights as Americans as stated in the Declaration of Independence.
* Each man must consider himself a guardian of morals to ensure that society does not decay.
* Specific morals include:
1) Do not steal.
2) Do not kill.
3) Do not lie.
4) Do not derive your happiness at the expense of others.
5) Do not hurt another man (emotionally, financially, or physically) if you can perform your job without such harm.
7) Be courteous and respectful of others.
8) Help your fellow man where you are able.
* As a guardian:
9) Restructure environments so that these values are allowed to flourish.
10) Voice your heart when you see wrong doing.
11) Actively curb immoral behavior when you see it.
There are many ways to derive
morals, and many approaches arrive at similar conclusions. I
chose to derive morals in America from the founding document of
our nation: The Declaration of Independence. This document is the
foundation of our country, and as such, applies to every
The Declaration of Independence states, We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.